A dynamic print and digital editor, specialising in training materials and corporate comms. Experienced in producing
e-learning guides, videos and course books, proofreading, copywriting, social media, SEO, project management,
web design and commissioning.
July 2018–March 2019
SITA AERO, HR content and training consultant
• Writing training guides, user guides and slides for the HR-related processes in a series of major Oracle and Taleo upgrades.
• Producing training videos, including storyboards, scripts and voiceover.
• Global channel planning, to ensure clear and effective communications for system go-live and employee performance cycles.
• Developing intranet content for HR pages, increasing unique users x 10
• Editing the RFP for a new learning management tool.
• Creating a HRIS SharePoint site, to streamline access to information for senior stakeholders.
• Freelance content and editorial projects in print and online for companies such as: The Guardian, The Good Hotel Guide, Which?,
Simon & Schuster, Virgin, Visit England, BA, Arup, Wardour Communications, Royal London, Morrisons, Laithwaite’s, Hachette Filipacchi,
Paul Hamlyn, Calouste Gulbenkian, Barclays, HSBC, Ernst & Young, Fitch Learning, Thameside Media, Olly Olly and Headchannel.
• Writing a series of anti-financial crime training guides for Deutsche Bank, as well as editing the in-house magazine, Flow.
• Editing The Fast 800, a new bestseller by Dr Michael Mosley for Short Books.
• Editing an NHS staff engagement report, on behalf of The Point of Care Foundation, to distribute among NHS workforce bodies and trust
• Copy-editing the Sunday Times bestselling books, The Joy of Being Sober and The Joy of Being Single for Octopus Books.
• Head of Social Media and Community Engagement at The Artful Project. Commissioning a new website, managing social media and SEO, as well
as writing press releases and newsletters.
• Working as consultant editor to The Good Hotel Guide, in print and online. Commissioning a redesign of the print guide, modernising and
monetising the website, as well as writing press releases, features and reviews to improve SEO.
• Producing financial e-learning modules and course books for Fitch Learning.
• Commissioning two quirky, illustrated finance books for Penguin (Debt and Saving, White Rabbit Series, Otterbach & Partners).
• Writing press packs and web content for The National Gallery.
• Editing Wines of the World and World Whisky for Dorling Kindersley.
October 2006–August 2008, The Good Food Guide, editor
• Delivering three editions of the Guide on time and under budget.
• Changing the cover, internal design and navigation: increasing sales by 25%.
• Commissioning an online review system to streamline production processes, syndication and budget.
• Managing over 100 remote writers.
• Launching the first spin-off title from the Guide.
• Writing monthly articles for Which? Magazine and the UKTV Food website; conducting interviews for the Guide and website.
• Undertaking media interviews: national TV, radio and newspaper.
• Producing advertising and marketing material; establishing a logo to improve brand identity and raising media profile.
• Also commissioning a series of Which? Essential Guides, with titles such as Working for Yourself and Develop Your Property.
June 2006–September 2006, New Holland, senior editor, maternity cover
• Working across 10 titles in the lifestyle department, commissioning editorial content, photography and design.
March 2005–May 2006, Itchy Media, editor-in-chief
• Managing 16 annual city guides, 10 lifestyle/listings magazines, 18 websites, two weekly newsletters and a student diary.
• Duties included: leading the in-house editorial, web, ad processing and design teams; commissioning and writing reviews, features
and celebrity interviews; managing editorial budgets, flat-plans and schedules.
June 2004–March 2005, SPG Media, desk editor
• Working across 30 magazines and 50 websites, with sole responsibility for five core titles.
• Appointed as managing editor for contract publishing projects.
May 2003–May 2004, Departure Lounge, editor
• Working on Eyewitness Travel Guides and Rough Guides.
July 2002–April 2003, Penguin/DK, editorial assistant
• Working across several departments: press, production, licensing and picture research.
1999–June 2002, Sotheby’s, editorial assistant
• Working in the catalogue department of the auction house.
1998–1999, Guinness plc, violinist
• Musical tours of the USA, Europe, Australia and the Far East.
1996–1998, Irish Cultural Commission, press officer
• Promotion and performance for a touring Irish arts festival.
1993–1996, University College London
• BA Hons, English language and literature.
• Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office.
• Advanced subbing, feature writing, copywriting, proof-reading, sub-editing, libel law, social media and web content management.
• Media trained.
• Creating and maintaining SharePoint sites.
• Web analytics.
• TT-S QuickAccess for e-learning.
• Media trained.
• Detailed knowledge of Oracle, Taleo and related HR processes.